Chào mừng đã đến với forum oOo VnSharing oOo.
Bạn chưa đăng kí (hoặc chưa đăng nhập) nên quyền lợi của bạn sẽ bị hạn chế. Việc đăng kí làm thành viên hoàn toàn miễn phí, sau khi đăng kí bạn có thể post bài, tham gia thảo luận, liên lạc với các thành viên khác qua hệ thống tin nhắn riêng, yêu cầu manga/anime... và rất nhiều quyền lợi khác. Thủ tục đăng kí rất nhanh chóng và đơn giản, hãy Đăng Kí Làm Thành Viên!
Nếu bạn quên mật khẩu, xin nhấn vào đây.
Nếu bạn gặp trục trặc trong vấn đề đăng kí hoặc không thể đăng nhập, hãy liên hệ với chúng tôi.
||Ðiều Chỉnh||Xếp Bài|
I. Fill each gap in the passage with one suitable preposition:
After their discovery (1)_______ radium and polonium Marie and Pierre Curie visited London. They were invited (2)_______ a banquet organized in their honour (3)________ some very rich people. Marie looked (4)______ the ornaments of the ladies (5)_______ their admiration. Suddenly, (6)_______ her surprise, she saw that her husband was also looking at the brilliant diamonds (7)_______ great interest.
At home Marie Curie asked her husband to explain his strange behavior (8)_______ the banquet. ‘I had nothing to do,’ answered Pierre, ‘so I was trying to calculate how many laboratories could be built (9)_______ the diamonds that each lady had (10)_______ her neck.’
II. Give the correct tense or form of the verbs in brackets:
1. He resents (tell)________ what to do.
2. What a shame! I’d rather you (not dismiss)_______ like that.
3. Goddard developed the first rocket (fly)________ faster than sound.
4. I’d sooner you (not injure)________ those poor animals to evaluate the effects of pain – killing drugs because most of them died after the experiments.
5. He came very close to (choose)_______ to take part in the Olympic Athens.
III. By matching the numbers with the letters, find the phrasal verbs with the meanings given: (cái này 1vs 1 nhé )
Thứ 7 tuần sau (14/05/11) tổng kết
Hôm qua VNS ko lên đc nên tổng kết chậm 1 ngày
Tổng kết những người đạt điểm cao nhất (tính đến kì 10)
I. Use the correct form of given phrasal verbs to complete each of these sentences:
a. Does this jacket (1)________ my trouser?
b. I wish I could (2)_________ the truth.
c. If you (3) _______ (4)________ late for work, you’re going to get into trouble
d. We had to (5) _______ our holiday bacause my wife was taken into hospital the day before our intended departure.
e. While I was tidying up, I (6) ________ these old photos.
f. The burglar (7)_________ the house while the owner was away on holiday.
g. Is this a private matter or can anyone(8) _________?
h. She’s lived alone since her husband (9)________ .
i. It’s taken her a long time to (10)_________ the tragedy.
II. Multiple choices:
Is it better to go on a package (1)_______, or to travel on your own? I suppose the answer depends on what kind of tourist you are. A complicated tour organized by a travel (2) ________ has some advantages. You have a/an (3)________ which gives you definite (4)_______ and arrival dates, and a list of all your (5)_______. The accommodation may be cheaper, as it has been (6)________ in advance, so you spend less time worrying about where you are going to stay. If you book your own hotel, you might have trouble finding a/an (7)_______ unless you are going to stay for a (8)________, for example. On other hand, organizing your own (9)________ can be fun. Many students (10)________ or buy cheap train tickets, and spend the night in student hostels or guest-houses.
Thứ 7 (21/05/11) tổng kết
I. Choose the most suitable words underlined:
1. Jim completely fell for my joke/story
2. The conversation/meeting didn’t break up until late.
3. It seems that we’ve come up against rather a tricky idea/problem.
4. The witness’s evidence bore out what Peterhad said/as Peter said.
5. Unfortunately my plan/suggestion didn’t quite come off.
II. Word formation:
1. We must learn about keeping the environment (POLLUTE)_________.
2. If we go on littering, the environment will become (SERIOUS)_________ polluted.
3. A large number of inhabitants have made (SUGGEST) _________ on how to protect the environment.
4. Please phone this number for more (INFORM)__________.
5. It was an (ENJOY) ________ day.
6. There is a (PARK) ________ lot near my house.
7. I’m very (PRIDE) ________ of my son.
8. The story about UFOs caught the (IMAGE) ________ of the whole class.
9. Life without (LAUGH) ________ would be dull.
10. (EXHAUST)________ tests were carried out to discover the cause of the plane’s engine failure.
III. Preposition/ Adverb particle:
1. They paid Sheila $1000 _______ a special bonus.
2. All main courses are served _______ vegetables or salad.
3. Helen had great admiration ________ her history teacher.
4. This town is famous _______ its hand-woven carpets.
5. Ivan broke the record _______ the third attempt.
Thứ 7 tuần sau (28/05/11) tổng kết
Tuần sau mình thi nên tuần này tạm dừng nhé. T7 tuần sau tiếo tục kì 13
I. Multiple choices:
1. ________ that you have worked so hard, you can take tomorrow off
B. In view
C. Just now
2. If you are a vegetarian, you should give up eggs and milk as well as meat if you want to be ______
3. The secretary read out the ________ of the last meeting.
4. We carried out a few _______ to find how good the drug was.
5. He didn’t ________ to help her, even though she was very ill.
A. open an eye
B. lift a finger
C. bend his arm
D. shake a leg
6. The hotel room was ______ furnished with only a bed, a wardrobe and an ancient armchair.
7. Apart from the _______ cough and cold, I’ve been remarkably healthy all my life.
8. After months of bitter arguing the couple had to accept that they were _______.
9. All three TV channels provide extensive ________ of sporting events.
10. My wife’s being ______ for migraine headaches at the clinic.
1. The play quite lived _____ to my expectations.
2. He took it ______ granted that they were happy.
3. Put ______ the cigarette, please. I don’t like the smell of your tobacco.
4. What time did you turn _______ last night?
5. It never occurred _______ me to ask him for proof of his identity.
6. There’s no way prevent people from talking ______ this matter.
7. They forced us _______ a ridiculous position by arguing about it.
8. Summer has set ______ early this year.
9. We grow tobacco ______ a small scale only.
10. He turned ______ to be an old friend of Janet’s.
Thứ 7 (11/06/11) tổng kết
I. Choose the sentence that is closest in meaning to each of the following questions:
1. They got success since they took my advice.
A. They took my advice, and failed.
B. If they did not take my advice, they would not get success.
C. But for taking my advice, they would not have got success.
D. My advice stopped them from getting success.
2. Can you account for your strange behavior?
A. Does your strange behavior make anybody surprised?
B. Can you please stop behaving strangely?
C. Can you give a good explanation for your strange behavior?
D. Is your strange behavior only for me?
3. John was not here yesterday. Perhaps he was ill.
A. John needn’t be here yesterday because he was ill.
B. Because of his illness, John should have been here yesterday.
C. John might have been ill yesterday, so he was not here.
D. John must have been ill yesterday, so he was not here.
4. I took a sweater but it was not necessary.
A. I needn’t have taken a sweater.
B. It was too necessary for me to take a sweater.
C. I should have taken a sweater.
D. I must have taken a sweater.
5. Although my parents are busy at work, they try to find time for their children.
A. My parents are so busy at work that they cannot find time for their children.
B. Busy at work as my parents are, they try to find time for their children.
C. My parents are too busy at work to find time for their children.
D. My parents rarely have time for their children because they are busy at work.
6. “How beautiful is the dress you have just bought!” Peter said to Mary.
A. Peter promised to buy Mary a beautiful dress.
B. Peter said thanks to Mary for her beautiful dress.
C. Peter complimented Mary on her beautiful dress.
D. Peter asked Mary how she had just boughht her beautiful dress.
7. “Why don’t you ask the teacher for help?” Peter asked me.
A. Peter advised me to ask the teacher for help.
B. Peter recommended me not to ask the teacher for help.
C. Peter told me the reason why I did not ask the teacher for help.
D. Peter suggested that he should ask the teacher for help.
8. John, whose cough is terrible, needs to see a doctor.
A. John’s terrible cough prevents him from seeing a doctor.
B. John needs to see a doctor because of his terrible cough.
C. John’s doctor does not want to see him because he has a bad cough.
D. John’s terrible cough forces him to see a doctor.
9. Go over the report before you submit it.
A. Before you submit the report, you should be finished writing it.
B. Type the report quickly and then submit it.
C. Read the report carefully before you submit it.
D. Before you write the report you have to find enough information.
10. It’s time we went home.
A. We should have gone home now.
B. We should be going home now.
C. We should not go home.
D. We should going home now.
II. Each sentence has a mistake, IDENTIFY and CORRECT it (10pts):
1. A largely percentage of Canadian export business is with the United States.
2. The famous Jim Thorpe won both the pentathlon or decathlon in the 1912 Olympic Gaines.
3. Plants absorb water and nutrients and anchoring themselves in the soil with their roots.
4. Many people say that California is a state of geographic remarkable diversity.
5. Rocks can be broken apart by water that seeps into the cracks and freeze in low temperatures .
Thứ 7 (18/06/11) tổng kết
I. Put each of the following words in its correct place below:
Most people in developed countries are (1)________, many drawn by the (2)_______ of the (3)________. The attractions of the city are many: the (4)_______ atmosphere (foreign restaurants, different languages, international companies), the (5)________ of cultural events or the simple hope of finding work. All too many find, however, that the glamorous façade is false. One can be very alone in the city and the (6)_______ which at first seems to give freedom and protection later leaves just loneliness. There is a lot to do but everything is expensive. The (7)________ is high. There is (8)_______ not only of the physical but also of the moral environment and the various pressures of (9)________ life cause cities (10)________. Above all, perhaps, it is the daily stresses and strains of the city which make life there a matter of survival rather than of enjoyment. Many a (11)________ struggling to work through the rush-hour (12)________ asks. “Is it worth it?”
Thứ 7 (25/06/11) tổng kết
Xin lỗi mn vì sự chậm trễ vừa r`
Anou... có 1 vấn đề, bợn trẻ quản game (là tớ), bợn ý sắp phải đi du hí ko hẹn ngày trở về, nên rất tiếc phải tạm đóng cửa game 1 thời gian. Nếu còn nguyên vẹn trở về bợn sẽ tiếp tục chiến đấu. Thành thật xin lỗi và cảm ơn mn đã nhiệt tình ủng hộ game trong tg qua
Chào mọi ng` Mình tạm thời thay bạn shjn ra đề cho weekly game. Cấu trúc đề và rule vẫn giữ nguyên. Mod Tsuki sẽ có thông báo sau tới các bạn. Gluck~
I. Put the verbs into their correct tense
Mike Barrett is 62 years old. He (1. retire)____ two years ago, and since then he (2. prepare)____ to go travelling. He is going to take a year to travel around Australia with his wife, Lucy. Mike and Lucy are examples of a new kind of traveller: “grey voyagers”. Mike says, “It’s something we (3. want)____ to do for many years, but we (4. not have)____ the opportunity. When we (5. be)____ younger, there was the family to consider, and of course, when you have a career and a full-time job, you just can’t afford to take 12 months off to go travelling!”
Last month, Mike (6. buy)____ a large van, and since then he (7. convert)____ it into a motorized caravan with beds and a kitchen. “It (8. take)____ another two months to finish it, and then we’re off! There are so many places we want to visit,” explains Mike. “We plan to travel in a big circle, clockwise, around Australia. We (9. take)____ at least a year to travel around Australia.”
More and more people (10. get)____ to retirement age and deciding they want to do something more interesting than just watching their gardens grow. “Why should only young people travel and have adventure?” asks Mike. “We’re fit and healthy, and we want to have some fun while we still can. Besides, when we finish, we (11. have)____ lots of stories to share with our grandchildren!”
II. Join the sentence parts by choosing the correct conjunction
1. Forest fires were not common in Australia before/whenever/despite European and Aboriginal people arrived.
2. For thousands of years tropical forests grew whenever/wherever/although there was a high rainfall.
3. Seventy percent of Australia’s tropical forests have been destroyed before/since/because Europeans first started clearing forests in 1788.
4. Eucalyptus forests are now more common than tropical forests wherever/because/although they grow more quickly after fires.
5. There are more than 600 types of eucalyptus tree in Australia although/despite/because most are very rare.
6. Eucalyptus forests grow well in areas because/wherever/since there are bushfires every fifty years.
7. Seeds from these trees can stay alive for hundreds of years and start growing as soon as/despite/since it rains following a fire.
8. This means that whenever/because/before there is a fire in a tropical forest the eucalyptus trees usually take over.
9. Since/Even though/Because people try to protect them, the number of tropical rainforests continue to decrease every year.
T7 tuần sau (16/7) tổng kết
Mới từ viện về nên vào thông báo trễ
Để bà con tiếp tục có sân chơi giải trí trong dịp hè + chia sẻ kinh nghiệm + cày rệp, từ nay bạn Jerany sẽ tiếp quản Weekly Game trong lúc bạn Shjn00b13 chưa onl lại, nếu làm tốt mai mốt sẽ triển khai phương án 2 cái này tính sau
Mong mọi người tiếp tục ủng hộ
Hôm nay mình có chút việc bận nên về muộn, giờ mới lên tổng kết đc, các bạn thứ lỗi nha
I. Match the verbs in column A with the nouns in column B and then use these phrases to complete the sentences below
A - Verbs B - Nouns
1. Before you decide to set up a new business it is important to find out some information by __________
2. Before manufacturing a new product, it is important for companies to __________. Otherwise they might be producing a product which will not sell well.
3. Before companies decide to advertise a product it is necessary to __________ which appeal to the target market. In some cases, niche marketing may be a wiser and more cost-effective solution than mass-marketing.
4. The hotel chain is trying to __________ high quality budget accommodation in an effort to win back market share.
5. Companies often __________ to promote new products or services to the public in order to increase sales and product awareness.
6. By __________ to include flavoured milks, the dairy industry was able to compete against soft drink products.
7. We were over budget last financial year and as a result we need to __________ or we will go into debt.
8. Some clients prefer to __________ with companies before signing long term agreements to ensure both sides understand each other.
9. In order to __________ successfully, a business needs to be aware of the products, services and prices these businesses offer.
My fiancée and I decided that we wanted our wedding to be different. Lots of our friends had got married in churches, (1)____ or temples, or in gardens or parks, so we decided we’d leave (2)____ and get married in the air – while flying in a hot air balloon!
Everything started off really well. It was a beautiful sunny morning when the balloon took off. Floating over the (3)____ at sunrise was (4)____. The (5)____ was (6)____ and it seemed that we could see right to the edge of the earth. It was an amazing sight! A marriage celebrant took us (7)____ our (8)____ and the official part of the wedding ceremony. It was a very special time for both of us. My wife was carrying a (9)____ of red roses, which looked beautiful against her white dress.
You wouldn’t believe what happened then. She was trying to balance the flowers and a glass of wine and she stumbled. The flowers went (10)____ the side! We watched them drop from the basket down towards the earth and I thought, “Well, we’ll never see them again”. But at least it was only the flowers, not something really important like the ring! We came back down to earth, and the rest of the celebrations went perfectly with no more (11)____ events. At the end of the day we drove home, and what do you think was in the middle of our garden? The bouquet of red roses!
|Bookmarks & Social Networks|