Chào mừng đã đến với forum oOo VnSharing oOo.
Bạn chưa đăng kí (hoặc chưa đăng nhập) nên quyền lợi của bạn sẽ bị hạn chế. Việc đăng kí làm thành viên hoàn toàn miễn phí, sau khi đăng kí bạn có thể post bài, tham gia thảo luận, liên lạc với các thành viên khác qua hệ thống tin nhắn riêng, yêu cầu manga/anime... và rất nhiều quyền lợi khác. Thủ tục đăng kí rất nhanh chóng và đơn giản, hãy Đăng Kí Làm Thành Viên!
Nếu bạn quên mật khẩu, xin nhấn vào đây.
Nếu bạn gặp trục trặc trong vấn đề đăng kí hoặc không thể đăng nhập, hãy liên hệ với chúng tôi.
||Ðiều Chỉnh||Xếp Bài|
Tầm tuần này và tuần sau tốc độ cộng rep chậm đi một tí nhé
I/ Replace the underlining words by the words in table with correct form
1. They’re going to demolish this building soon and put up a supermarket.
2. The puppy is covered in green paint. How did this happen?
3. He is like his father in many ways. They’re both gentle, soft-spoken men.
4. Are you going to suggest a design for the stable?
5. Don’t worry about a hotel. I will give you a bed for the night.
6. Can I depend on you to feed the rabbit? You forgot yesterday.
7. Taking care of the children can be a demanding job.
8. We called in the vet as a new disease suddenly started among our cattle.
9. His plans to make a fortune didn’t work because of his lack of experience.
10. Jenny has thought of a wonderful name for her new goldfish.
II/ Choose the correct highlighted verb from the choices given in the following sentences. If you think both choices are correct, answer “both”.
1. The Minister for Education recommended/suggested that the budget for IT university courses be increased.
2. Wang Wei suggested/advised me to ask more questions during the tutorial to improve my English.
3. One of the librarians recommended/suggested that we should use the online catalogue to save time locating books.
4. The doctor advised/recommended me not to drink too much coffee.
5. He advised buying/to buy a new computer before the prices increased.
6. Sue suggested/advised Liu Mei to scan her computer for viruses before sending any emails.
III/ Word choice
1. The meeting had to be put ____ until a later date.
2. The hall was very crowded with over fifty people ____ into it.
3. You really must ____ your paper – they’re in a real muddle.
A. clean up
B. sort out
C. send out
D. draw up
4. We expected him at eight but he finally ____ at midnight.
A. turned in
B. came off
C. came to
D. turned out
CN tsau (19/11) tổng kết
I/ Read the speech below and choose the correct answer in the table (A, B, C, D)
It is now widely accepted that pollution (1)___ humans, the environment, and buildings. Some pollution spreads across local and national boundaries and lasts for many generations. Many chemicals do not biodegrade and gradually (2)___ in the food chain. So, if the crops in our fields are sprayed carelessly, the pesticide has an immediate effect on local wildlife and can ultimately (3)___ in our food.
Burning fossil fuels – oil, gas and coal – also (4)___ pollution, in particular carbon dioxide, which is a major contributor to global (5)___ In our region eight out of the ten hottest years on (6)___ have occurred during the last decade. We should therefore (7)___ the use of renewable energy resources such as wind and solar energy, because these do not (8)___ carbon dioxide.
However, the biggest single cause of pollution in our city is traffic. Poorly maintained, older vehicles and bad driving techniques (9)___ the problem worse, and this pollution has been directly (10)___ to the rising number of asthma sufferers in our region. We should be aiming to gradually (11)___ vehicle use in the city on high pollution days and educate the public on the importance of purchasing (12)___ friendly vehicles and maintaining them to a high (13)___.
II/ Word choice
1. I prefer string instruments so the ____ is my favourite.
2. We got off our bikes because the hill was too ____ to cycle up.
3. The ball we were playing with landed in the water with a huge ____
4. The path was very ____ because of the wet weather.
5. People can ____ by eating berries and fruit.
6. I’ve always enjoyed reading ____ novels because they bring the past to life.
7. Mickey couldn’t stand up so two men carried him off the football pitch on a ____
CN tsau nữa (8/1) tổng kết nha (vì tsau 1/1 mình nghỉ đi chơi ) Merry Christmas & Happy New Year nha mọi ng`~~~~
Xin nhiệt liệt chúc mừng bạn AyakuraPs đã đạt max 8 kì (18, 20, 21, 26, 27, 29, 30, 36) và nhận đc 1 hh Ring of Trial B vào topic này báo để mod biết và trao hh cho b nhé~ Tiếp tục ủng hộ game nha http://vnsharing.net/forum/showthread.php?t=266568
I/ Choose the best word to fit each gap in these definitions
1. A ____ is bigger than a ____. Both of them are natural but a _____ is manmade. A ____ happens when there is too much water.
2. A ____ is bigger than a ____ and in tropical areas is called a ____. When trees are cut down, the wood or ____ is used for furniture, houses etc.
3. A ____ is higher than a ____. A ____ has one steep side and is often on the coast. A ____ is a natural hole in the side of a mountain, cliff or hill.
4. The ____ is the salty water which covers a large part of the earth’s surface. The ____ is very similar in meaning but is used for very large areas of water, e.g. the Pacific. A ____ is completely surrounded by land. When water drops suddenly from a high point to a low point we call it a ____.
5. We use ____ for the edges of a river and ____ for the edges of a sea or lake. An area of sand or stones beside the sea or a lake is called a ____. The ____ is where the land meets the sea.
6. ____ is on the ground and we grow plants in it. When it is very wet it becomes ____. On the beach or in the desert there is often ____ on the ground. In very dry places there is a lot of ____ blowing in the air.
II/ Complete the following sentences with words from the table
1. The company had no competition and so was considered to be a ____.
2. ____ occurs when the average price level increases over time.
3. The sale of company assets gave the company increased ____
4. The Treasurer was concerned about the ____ because imports were exceeding exports.
5. Money, stocks, bonds, and bank accounts, or physical things like houses, cars and clothes are all examples of personal ____
6. The company was estimated to have ____ of around $2.3 million.
7. ____ is the increasing economic integration which is taking place worldwide.
8. There was a decrease in the purchase of foreign goods because of excessive import ____ rates.
CN tuần này (15/1) tổng kết~ Thời gian ngắn hơn bt nên đề dễ ha~
Sau đây là kì game cuối cùng của năm. Hẹn gặp lại các bạn trog năm mới cùng lì xì và bonus đặc biệt của Eng weekly game Chúc tất cả mọi ng` năm mới vui vẻ, nhiều may mắn và thành công hơn và Tết bội thu nha~ Năm mới mog các bạn tiếp tục ủng hộ Eng box cũng như weekly game nhé~ Thân ái~~~
I/ Filling in the gaps with a, an, the or – (no article) to complete sentences in column A. Match the sentences in column A with the description in column B to show the rule.
II/ In each of these word pairs, one word is neutral and the other has a stronger meaning. Choose the stronger word in each pair.
1. thin/ skinny
2. trudge/ walk
3. howl/ shout
4. shatter/ break
5. small/ tiny
6. speak softly/ mumble
7. overweight/ fat
8. drag/ pull
9. burst in/ come in
10. sit/ slump
11. lift/ heave
12. big/ giant
13. exotic/ unusual
14. roar/ loud noise
III/ (Bonus) In this paragraph, it must be ____?
When it was first discovered, some scientists said it would have a minimal impact on our lives or even a beneficial one. They said it was a natural occurrence and that we had nothing to worry about. Governments everywhere continued to ignore it, saying they were not responsible, even if it did exist. Economists and politicians denied that burning the fossil fuels we are so dependent on was causing it. However, we now know this is not the case. Summers are getting longer and hotter, and winters are becoming shorter and colder. Around the globe, it is resulting in an increase of severe and frequent floods, storms and droughts. Some scientists believe that if we do not do anything to prevent it from becoming worse, it will result in an even bigger increase in catastrophic events, such as flooded coastal cities.
CN tsau nữa (29/1) tổng kết
Đầu xuân năm mới xin chúc các bạn và gia đình mạnh khỏe, sung túc, may mắn, vạn sự như ý, tỉ sự như mơ Xin lì xì mỗi bạn 5r lấy hên nha~~
I/ Fill in the gaps using prepositions of movement
1. Paul fell ____ a bridge ____ a river.
2. The burglar got in ____ the window.
3. They saw the girl walk ____ the street.
4. Flowers grow ____ the side of the wall.
5. The little boy dived ____ the swimming pool.
6. I went ____ the mountain to have some fresh air.
7. Mike jumped ____ bed as the telephone rang.
8. Her hair hang ____ her back to her waist.
9. The passengers stepped out of the train ____ the platform.
10. The rain ran ____ the roof of the house.
II/ Choose the one word or phrase that would not be appropriate
1. In a few seconds (A) a computer can solve problems(B) that might take (C) a man years to solve solo (D).
2. The new model costs (A) twice more than (B) last (C) year’s (D) model.
3. Only (A) a few mineral (B) can resist (C) weathering by rainwater, which is (D) a weak acid.
4. America’s first satellite (A) exploded before (B) it had risen (C) three and a half feet (D) off the ground.
5. A huge amount (A) of tourists (B) come (C) to this city (D) every year.
III/ Word choice
1. If you manage to pass your driving test, it would be an ____ miracle.
2. Some people ____ still believe that the Earth is flat.
3. Do you know that old saying “A ____ stone gathers no moss”?
4. Soil is ____ being eroded by the action of running water and wind.
5. Things are going well. In fact, business is ____
CN tnày (5/2) tổng kết
^Mình ko nhận đc bài của bạn Elsie ở trên nhé
Complete the article with words from the table
Until the early 1980s, computers were machines as big as a room, and were called “____”(1). The ____(2) manufacturer of the mainframe was IBM (International Business Machines). These were of course only used by large corporations with hundreds of ____(3) sharing the ____(4) of the one central computer.
However, a computing ____(5) swept the world when Apple Computer built the first small, one piece unit that could easily be set up at home or in the office.
IBM was ____(6). As the Apple quickly grew in popularity, IBM ____(7) to develop a machine that would compete. They quickly realized that developing the hardware and the software that would ____(8) the parts together (the “operating system”) on their own was not ____(9). If IBM took all the time to do all the work, the market would be ____(10) completely to Apple.
As a result IBM made two very important decisions.
First, instead of trying to build all the hardware itself, IBM chose to manufacture computers based on a concept called “____”(11). This involved IBM building the main processor cards, and leaving ____(12) slots available for ____(13) hardware such as disk drives and video cards. This allowed IBM to obtain these peripherals from smaller, faster companies that could ____(14) in specific pieces of hardware. This decision allowed IBM to enter the ____(15) computer market very quickly. It is also the reason why there are so many ____(16) of computer hardware and peripherals available today. Through adopting open architecture, IBM made it ____(17) for any company to build a quality piece of hardware, and bring it to market, certain that it will work in any PC.
In addition, IBM computers needed an operating system. In a similar way, they approached individual software companies, which led IBM to a small company called Microsoft. Microsoft had developed a basic operating system called MS-DOS. ____(18), when IBM approached Microsoft, owner Bill Gates told them that MSDOS was still not ____(19), and even suggested IBM approach a competitor. After lengthy ____(20), Microsoft finally agreed. They are now the single largest ____(21) in the computer industry.
CN tsau (13/2) tổng kết~
Chúc toàn thể các bạn và các chị em <mình zà zồi nên ở đây chắc ko có "anh" > có một ngày Va-lung-tung thật đáng nhớ, xúc động, thật ấm áp và ngọt ngào bên (nh~) người (thân) yêu của mình~
Nhân dịp này mình cũng xin bày tỏ tyêu nồng nàn tới các bạn, mong các b luôn ủng hộ box Eng, ủng hộ weekly game ; và ủng hộ cho kẻ cô đơn buồn bã này
Xin ban phát tyêu cho toàn nhân loại bằng bonus đặc biệt là 25r cho kì mới lần này nha~~~ Xin hẹn gặp lại~
I/ Fill in the gaps with IN, ON or AT
1. Tom is in such a hurry that he didn’t stop ___ the traffic lights.
2. Their house is ___ the bottom of the hill.
3. They arrived___ a taxi.
4. He has a hat ___ his head.
5. I met him ___ a party
6. We often get our pay ___ the beginning of the month.
7. The train was late. I spent 40 minutes waiting ___ the station.
8. This shirt looks good ___ you.
9. I’m leaving ___ the 3.30 train.
10. New York is ___ the Atlantic Ocean.
II/ Read the text and decide which answer (A,B,C,D) best fits
Julia and James had a church wedding in the early spring. For their honeymoon they went on a (1)__ in the Greek islands. It was a very modern (2)__ and there was even a swimming pool on one of the (3)__. They had an enormous (4)__ with a bathroom and a bedroom. Julia was a bit (5)__ about travelling by ship because she’d seen the film Titanic a few weeks before. She wanted to (6)__ that there were enough lifejackets and lifeboats before they left the port just in case anything (7)__ wrong.
For some reason James found this very (8)__ and they started to (9)__ the most terrible rows on the very first day. Julia could hardly believe that this was the same MAN SHE HAD (10)__ in love with a year before. He had never shown any sign of being so (11)__ when they were just going (12)__ together. She began to (13)__ ever having married him.
To make matters even worse, James started to (14)__ with some of the other young women on board. He danced with one of these women all evening on the last night and that made Julia decide that the only solution was to split (15) with James and start her life all over again.
CN tsau nữa (26/2) tổng kết~ Lí do là 1 số bạn <bao gồm chủ game> còn bận xí xớn game bự của box Hunger Game Mog mọi ng` hết sức thông cảm (cho cái sự ham chơi này)
Kì này khó nha~ 20r bonus from the host if get all answers right~ Gluck~~~
Look at the definitions for the word and write the answers
CN tuần này (4/3) tổng kết
|Bookmarks & Social Networks|